SAILOR FleetBroadband 500 19' Rack Mount
The fast, cost-effective broadband that SAILOR 500 FleetBroadband enables for thousands of users has positively changed ship operation and crew welfare. After becoming the de-facto industry standard Inmarsat FleetBroadband solution, the best has just gotten better, as the second generation SAILOR 500 FleetBroadband is here. The SAILOR 500 FleetBroadband antenna, a fully stabilised 3-axis antenna with rate sensors for improved performance and fast, intelligent satellite tracking is the foundation of the second generation SAILOR 500 FleetBroadband solution.
SAILOR 500 FleetBroadband offers data speeds of up to 432 kbps and a wealth of features including:
- Background IP connection for e-mail and internet/intranet access including secure VPN capabilities
- Streaming IP (Quality of Service for data sessions or applications requiring a dedicated bandwidth of 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 or 256 kbps)
- ISDN 64kbps
- Telephony and data simultaneously
- Remote Access to the terminal and on board systems from shore
- Local Exchange – up to 16 IP Handsets manageable directly by user terminal, each with its own extension number
SAILOR 500 FleetBroadband utilises the Inmarsat satellite network and is compatible with AST MSL’s tracking solution.
FleetBroadband is the first broadband maritime satellite communications system capable of providing an economical solution for voice and data traffic. FleetBroadband is based on BGAN technology, offering services and using the BGAN infrastructure. FleetBroadband is however designed to have a maritime use and its equipment is special to be placed on boats.
The SAILOR 500 Fleetbroadband is a Cobham equipment that incorporates the latest technology in satellite communication equipment and takes advantage of the Cobham Experience in Inmarsat systems. It constitutes a world reference and represents the state of the art in this type of systems and technologies. On the other hand, the equipment of Thrane has an industrial design realized by Bang and Olufsen, trying for a perfect union between design and technology. The SAILOR 500 Fleetbroadband allows a maximum internet access speed of 432 Kbps, both up and down