Sas Commences m2m and Iot Tests With Globalsat Group in Central and South Americajuan.miranda
- SAS and Globalsat Group have commenced testing of M2M and IoT services in Central and South America
- Testing will be performed using Globalsat Group’s network infrastructure and customer base
- Upon completion of a successful testing program, the companies will enter negotiations on a binding commercial agreement for provision of these services to the Globalsat customer base
- The testing further advances the relationship between the two companies and opens the South and Central America region to the SAS connectivity services
- A commercial agreement to use the services from the Equatorial Constellation will enable
About Sky and Space Global Ltd
Sky and Space Global Ltd is an ASX listed (SAS) satellite company with European and Israeli centres of Aerospace, Satellite and Software Industry Experts.
The Company’s core business is to operate a communications infrastructure based on nanosatellite technology and develop highly sophisticated software systems that will deploy, maintain orbit control and handle the communication network in space to provide a global coverage. The Company successfully launched its first three nanosatellites, the ‘3 Diamonds’, into space in June 2017 and is preparing for the launch of a constellation of 200 more nanosatellites by 2020.
The Company’s vision is to provide affordable communication coverage and services to anyone, anywhere, anytime with relatively low maintenance costs. This will enable Sky and Space Global to deliver cost-effective communications infrastructure and services to those who need it most and to disrupt the telecommunications and international transport industries. Sky and Space Global Ltd owns 100% of Sky and Space Global (UK) Limited.
About Globalsat Group LLC
Founded in 1999, Globalsat Group is the first Pan-American Mobile Satellite Service (MSS) consortium and a leading provider of voice, data, M2M / IoT, software, and hardware development throughout the western hemisphere. The group has offices in the United States, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru, and Mexico as well as distributors in the most important cities in the region.
Continuously and efficiently, Globalsat land, maritime and aero solutions provide mission-critical communications to thousands of clients across sectors such as energy, government, defense, media, mining, banking, agriculture, NGOs, and tourism.
Globalsat Group was named Latin America Satellite Communications Company of the Year in 2016 and 2017 by the highly recognized international consulting firm Frost & Sullivan and was also named “Company to Watch” in the category Emergency Response Mobility Satcom Innovation by the Mobile Satellite Users Association (MSUA).
For more information about the consortium, please visit: HTTP://WWW.GLOBALSAT.COM